Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Sort of Resemble Christmas I Guess.

pasta
Home for the holidays! It's weird to like...not have homework. I will take advantage of this new freedom. Prepare yourself for Christmas cookie posts. 
These are not cookies. But they are festive and beautiful. 
It's so nice to be able to sleep and cook and eat until your diaphragm starts pushing on your lungs so you can't breathe and uh...just be a slackeroni in general. On the topic of slackeronis (awesome segue, right?) I made some nice pasta sauce. Gotta reacquaint myself with the home kitchen. 
Even dinosaurs like tomatoes...
I'm thinking I'll make this for my friends for dinner sometime when I get back to school. This sauce is chock full of onions, tomato and mascarpone cheese. Swoon. I could (and sometimes do) eat it by the spoonful. If you don't know mascarpone...it's the stuff that makes tiramisu all creamy and delicious. 'Nuff said. Serve this with some exciting pasta and bread and you're good to go. 


Tomato Mascarpone Sauce
adapted from Jamieoliver.com

1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
a bit of fresh, chopped basil
1 onion, chopped
4 oz. mascarpone cheese
salt and pepper

Put a little olive oil in the bottom of a medium sized saucepan, and throw the onions in when the oil gets hot. Crush the garlic and add it to the onions. Add the tomatoes and basil, and let it simmer. The longer it cooks, the better it tastes. When you're ready to eat, add the salt, pepper and mascarpone and stir until everything is mixed together smoothly. Add the pasta directly to the sauce. Serve right away, and with a little parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes if you so desire. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy. I try to respond to each and every one of them!