Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just Like Mom Makes It...

Gah! Snow! Where did that come from? 
This is not appropriate for mid-November

It is much too cold to leave the dorm for breakfast. I made some french toast. You should too. I had these random slices of bread in my freezer, and they desperately needed to be used before they got all disgusting and moldy. French toast is eeeeeasy.  

All you really need to do is beat some eggs into submission, slap some bread in there and cook it up. But I'd recommend adding some cinnamon and almond extract to the egg mixture if you have it. Or vanilla. But almond is better. Makes it smell so delightful. 

How do you eat french toast? I slather mine in butter and powdered sugar. Yum. 

French Toast
6 pieces of bread (whatever bread you like) 
2 eggs 
2/3 cup milk
couple shakes of cinnamon
1 teaspoon almond (or vanilla) extract. 

1. Beat all the ingredient together in a shallow bowl (or whatever you have) 
2. Heat up a pan on medium-highish heat, grease with LOTS of butter
3. Dip each side of the bread into egg mixture, cook both sides until golden-y brown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy. I try to respond to each and every one of them!